business management - National Certificate
This competency-based course trains students in business administration & management.
This course will provide students with an understanding of the basic theories and principles by
which businesses are organized and managed in modern society.
They will demonstrate competency by analyzing management functions, principles, and processes that contribute to the achievement of organizational goals. Second semester students will understand the elements of a business plan and its effect on the success of small businesses. This course includes classroom instruction and business simulations.
Content of our programmes and qualifications are subject to change without notification due to market trends in the industry or as required by regulatory bodies, SAQA, QCTO, CETA, Department of Education or any other vendor related programmes.
1. Define and explain the major management functions.
2. Compare and contrast a variety of organizational structures.
3. Explain how economic and social changes affect businesses.
4. Describe methods, which an organization can use to effectively manage its personnel policies, practices and resources.
5. Examine the effects of domestic and international business on management practices.
6. Compare and contrast management styles.
7. Describe the planning and problem-solving process.
8. Explain the process that converts resources, such as labour and raw materials into finished goods and services.
9. Discuss the impact of research on business planning and development.
10. Demonstrate competency by preparing, describing and representing a business plan.
11. Students will have the opportunity to take part in our Small Business Incubator Programme.
International Certifications – Global Certified User
Job Opportunities & Duration
Subject: 1 Year National Certificate
The qualification allows the learner to be efficient and effective office administrator with a view to migrating into management in the long term.